Friday, May 31, 2013

"oh, you don't have D&D tonight hon?"

If ever there was a moment when the sound of impending doom could be heard... So basically my evening was shot last night as I became chauffeur for the family. By the time I was home and could actually bust out the painting, the motivation window had closed.

However, the bright side is that I'll be home on Saturday watching my daughter while my wife and son are out for several hours. That means Spongebob comes on and daddy gets to paint. :) Well, at least for a little while.

Meanwhile, my taunting has continued to work on Robert. Today he came in with three more vehicles primed, the KoB bombards (Churchills I believe).


I have to say that I'm impressed so far with how well the base coat was laid down. These models were primed grey originally, and Robert hand painted the green on them. I always worry about detail being lost with multiple coats, hence I use color primers. But these guys show no signs and looked great.

Hopefully this weekend we can keep the pressure on him to put down a few more bits of color on these guys and see how a finished product looks.

Yesterday, I started looking at the Armored Clash rules. Immediately they reminded me of the Dystopian Legion rules. I think the colored dice mechanic is a great expansion to the game. Also, as a long time lover of Warmaster, I like that they have a command mechanic in the game as well. I will say I was confused a bit at first by the army lists. I think if they provided pictures of the units in the document next to the entry, it would go a long ways to making them easier to read. Unfortunately I don't have enough models yet to try an AC game, but with as much as I like the land game of DW, I will be moving in that direction. Plus, its a great excuse to buy more cool models.

4 comments: