Monday, June 3, 2013

I find your lack of progress...disturbing

Yeah, Darth would totally be choking me out right now. So despite me having time this weekend to paint, I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked. Part of it was due to the fact that I had to dig through my piles of minis to find all of my dark elf stuff so that it can go on the chopping block. So the good news is that the army is one step closer to getting sold. This is what $900 of GW stuff looks like (pitiful ain't it?):



Paint wise, I did work on my land ships. I went into the assembly line mode and started out with the bleach bone for the decking. First off, a little miffed that it took two coats to get solid coverage over the red primer. Second, man am I sloppy when I go into assembly line mode. I'm going to have to go back over these models with the red to clean up all the mis-hits.

I think wrapped up the evening with doing the tracks with the beast brown color. At first I think my brush was a bit wet because the paint wasn't covering well, but after a few minutes it seemed to finally thicken up to where I was getting the coverage I needed with the first application. I even went to a big flat brush to do the job on the treads which helped cut the time down. Not as sloppy as the bone though.


So this week I'll be painting the silver to the guns and hatches, and then cleaning up with the red paint before hitting it with a wash. Also, I just realized I could have done all of the treads on the TT last night, especially since I had left over brown on my pallet.

Once the assembly line is done, then I get to tackle the final unit of the land set, the walker! Can't wait to paint that model. I just love that thing. I also need to bust out the alternative turret for it and get that primed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment