Thursday, May 30, 2013

The gauntlet has been thrown!

So finally I have something to show you other than my work. I have been taunting my friend Robert to get going on his DW models so that we can have some good proper games. He loves all things British (even bought a mini cooper) and so he had to go KoB when Dystopian Wars came out. Our forces have clashed a couple of times with games generally being too close to call. Unlike me, he has stuck with the KoB since the beginning. I'm still lamenting my FSA sale from so long ago. Of course now I have three fleets, with a fourth one planned. So who am I to complain?

Anyways, Robert came in today with a nice little surprise. He's started on his models! Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn! Now I know this great build up will have you thinking I'm about to show you some awesome stuff. Well you don't know Robert.


I know what you are thinking...."they're green". However, the fact that paint has found its way to the model is substantial. Now I'm not really one to talk too much. I've owned my DW stuff for quite some time and mine is now just barely getting some paint. So I'm not busting on him too much. I really like the base color he is going with, which I believe is russian uniform. He has quite a bit of paints for his FoW collection, so I'm expecting to see standard WWII British colors for his army. Not a bad way to go. Will contrast nicely with my red Blazing Sun force. Hopefully this will also inspire some other local DW players to start sending me pictures of their armies.

Today is normally my D&D night, but my DM is out of town...boooooo. But, it gives me an unexpected night to do some painting. So tonight I start operation assembly line. I'm going to take the rest of my land tanks, and going with one color at a time, paint the lot of them. If all goes well, I'll have them all ready for ink or glaze by the night's end.

On a related note, I also own AP's soft tone ink. So one of my models might get hit with that to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment