Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quick progress update

So just wanted to give you guys a quick image of my current progress. I've got a finished model up for reference.


The dark tone ink really does bring the brightness factor down a whole lot as you can see. By the way, the white base did come with the model. I think Spartan has switched to green plastic bases now that are a little thinner. I find the bases very helpful for movement and making clean measurements. I'm actually sort of surprised that they didn't include bases for their boats as some of them are a paint to turn. I've seen a few people make their own though, so I might look into that when I get back to them.

I'm really looking forward to finishing up the tiny tank. I think I will use a thinner basing than I used on the larger models. That and the ink should make those little guys pop.

My next step is to get a game in with these guys, even in their current state. I'd like to start doing some posts on the game mechanics, but want a refresher. Besides, playing is why I'm doing all this in the first place. Plus I'll get in some cool action shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment