Monday, May 20, 2013

Wait shmait...

Okay, so I'm a bit addicted to this blogging thing. I can't help it. Watching that view counter go up is just really cool. So, with that in mind, I had time tonight to finish up my tank. Take a look:


I based it, fixed the missing bolt gun metal on the inside of the wheels, hit it with ink on those places and a few touch ups here and there. Then I hit it with the matt spray. Quick tip about any sprays, make sure the model is devoid of fibers or hairs of any kind. I happen to own a long haired cat who just loves to cover my models with fur. After priming the whole tank force, I spent about 30 minutes picking off red hairs that were stuck on the models.


As you can see, the red dulls out quite a bit after the ink. Plenty of contrast looking from top down, and it works really nicely from a side view to see this red tank cruising across the field. Now I gotta do the other types to see how they work out. Should go fairly well based on this one.

My next post will hopefully be about an aspect of the rules. I'm rereading them again and trying to sort out a good spread of info to present. Now that I have a painted model, I can provide some action shots! :)



2 comments:

  1. Do they come with bases, or are you adding them for effect?

    FMB

    ReplyDelete