Saturday, May 18, 2013

And so it begins...again

Well thankfully, the sun came out long enough for me to get some priming in. My Empire of the Blazing Sun land starter is all nice and red. I used Army Painter Pure Red spray primer for the base coat.


And wow are those guys bright. No fear though. I'm sure once the rest of the paint is on and the wash is used, it will look quite nice. I really like Army Painter products. Their spray is top notch and their dip is insanely good. Its also insanely expensive. So I have been researching alternates. I tried out MinWax Polyshade and found it to be a bit thick. So my next experiment with it will be to thin it out with mineral water first. I won't do that for these guys though. I'm going to try the bottle tones first to see how they work.

Now a little tip for Army Painter bottles. If it seems too thin, try storing the paint upside down for a few days. That really helps. I got that from the makers themselves. So I'm hoping tomorrow that I'll have time to do a test vehicle. I have platemail for the guns, bronze for the steamy bits, electric blue for any windows, and I'm trying to decide if I go bone for the deck, or ash grey. Bone will tie it in better with my air and sea fleet colors. Or maybe I'll just use Bone for some edgework? Not sure yet. Stay tuned to see how it turns out.

Also, my next few posts will be discussing the rules. I'll take them step by step and provide some examples. I've done a little research already to find good explanations. The Spartan forums is a good place, but you need to hunt a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment