Tuesday, May 14, 2013

In the beginning...

Today starts my resurgence into Dystopian Wars, a tabletop war game produced by Spartan Games. I got pulled in about two years ago after my friend Robert discovered the game after drooling over the Firestorm Armada line. He really likes steampunk and pointed out DW to me. I have to say, I fell in love with the models right off the bat. Not to bore you with all the details, but I went in for the FSA fleet. American fleet, repeating ship cannons, and huge paddlewheels!


I even painted a few of them.


I love the amount of detail on these models and they paint up so nicely. Even with crappy photos like the above, these things are still impressive. Needless to say though, gamer ADD and lack of community saw my beloved FSA sold so that I could focus on other games.

Well now I'm back and more excited than ever about Dystopian Wars. To be honest, a lot of it has to do with just how silly GW has become with pricing lately. When you compare the two companies and the costs involved...well Spartan is getting my money because the return is fantastic.

Unfortunately, the community aspect has not changed. It seems everyone I talk to thinks the game is very cool looking, but they keep waiting for it to become popular. So that is why I'm doing this blog. I'm going to showcase the awesomeness of Dystopian Wars. I'm gonna snag anyone I can to help provide content and opinions and try to show the gaming community around here why Spartan deserves their business and time.

Post #1 is always the easiest. Next time, we will cover how I ended up with an Empire of the Blazing Suns army.

1 comment:

  1. I am working on my last paper this week for school, then I have my summer off. I was serious about wanting to play this with you. I have a big Prussian fleet just rearing to be played.

    ReplyDelete