Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Some more painting

So I started painting last night of the Empire bombard and one of the small tanks. Thank god for sure hands. That small tank was a pain. Thankfully though, due to my paint scheme, there wasn't much to it. Just lots of cleanup afterwards. I didn't take pics yet, as it isn't quite done. I still need to wash it and base it. Not sure as to the basing just yet. I see most people don't base their TTs, but instead just paint them. I'll see how a thin base works on the model.

The bombard was giving me fits though. The paint was not adhering to the primer! Argh! The model was done at the same time the Chi-Ri was done..so no clue why that one has issues. But it took forever to get a good coat of the secondary colors on it. It still looks ugly and I have to go back and do lots of cleanup.

Apparently I also just need to store all of my AP paints upside down. They come out so thin. Wouldn't bother me so much if they covered well, but so far, two coats are a minimum. Again, no pictures, though maybe I'll snap one when I get home so you can see how ugly this thing is looking right now.

On a side note, I'm completely bummed today. I just found out that one of my few friends is moving to California. The big dummy took a promotion and the job is down there. Ugh. He's my DM! Isn't there some rule that says DM's aren't allowed to move until the campaign is over?? I truly am depressed over this. Don is a great guy and one of the few people in Portland that I can give shit to and he doesn't get offended by it. And now he's going to move away. I think he's just trying to get back at me for beating him in X-Wing so often.

Okay, enough wallowing. If I have some time, I'll try to take a few progress pictures and finish up the next two models. However, I have dragonboat practice tonight (actual boat, google it) and then an indoor soccer game after that. I'm going to be exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment