Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Empire of the Blazing Sun

So as I said before, I had started with the FSA fleet. I really liked their ship design and loved that they had blimps for air power as well. I had gathered quite a collection by the time I had decided that I needed to move on. You see I've been a GW gamer for the longest time...over 20 years in fact. I have amassed a large collection and always discovered that GW games had staying power while the rest didn't.

Being a family man, my hobby money is tight now. So in my head, I could only justify having one army for another game system. I knew the Italians were going to be released eventually and so I was willing to give up the FSA and wait for the Italian League. That lasted for about a year when I then discovered that the Italians had been downgraded to an allied force. I was crushed. So now what do I do? Well, soon after that, I was presented with a deal for a good sized EotBS army...this time with all three forces represented. While I wasn't crazy for the train look of the ships, the land forces were awesome and who doesn't like a giant robotic squid??

So a little trading and money later, and I'm a proud owner of an Empire force! Now back in my head, I'm still hoping for the Italian fleet to eventually be realized...and I figured that I could simply sell the Empire force when they came up. But this way, I'd have an army to play with until then...win win! Okay, so it was dumb for me to sell the FSA fleet if that were the case...I know. Hindsight and all that. But still, a new fleet, some cool mechanics and a squid. Well actually I had to buy the squid..but still, it was out there.

I even had the idea of painting them...and went so far as to prime and start with little color. I am using Army Painter because they have really worked well for me so far.


Of course, that is about all I've done. Sad I know. However, with my new found enthusiasm and interest in Spartan, I'm going to get back to the painting table. I've even cleared off a space on my desk...okay, well it was cleared off, now I gotta clear it off again. But it should go much faster this time. :)

In fact, once the sun pops out today, I've got my whole land fleet out on the cardboard box waiting for the primer. Now as you can see above, the sea fleet is bone colored with red front and highlights. The land fleet is going to be red based with bone detailing. I think it should look sharp.

Now, I was told that blogs are supposed to be daily updates. Well that just isn't going to happen. Besides the gamer ADD, I have a family (three kids even) and work and tons of other commitments. However, I will attempt to make multiple posts within a week. Should help keep me motivated as well. And believe it or not, seeing those page hits really makes you want to post. Who knew?

So next time, my short list of plans for the future and hopefully pictures of my primed land army.

No comments:

Post a Comment