Thursday, May 16, 2013

Steampowered crystal ball

So lets take a quick look into the future. What is next? Well, my first goal is to start playing games again. I've got two avenues to take here. There has been some rumblings of a LGS hosting an escalation league. Now I love escalation leagues. However, the big problem with leagues is having a set time and place for games. For me, that is hard to do on a consistent basis. And honestly, right now with all the stuff going on in my family's life, probably not too realistic. But I'll keep my options open.

The more probably avenue will be to drag a few of my friends over and play. For that, I'd like to keep things simple at first with low point games and really concentrate on getting the rules down. So currently I'm dragging my book around with me wherever I go so that I can read up on something.

On the painting table, I have my Empire land fleet. Frickin' rain again today. But maybe by the time I get home the sun will be out long enough for me to prime. Hopefully within the next week I'll have at least a test model done and will post up a pic. Not sure what to do about basing just yet. I've heard some people don't use the bases, but that seems to make the mechanics of turns and such a bit of a pain. I'll probably stick with them just for that alone.

Now, once the land fleet is done, I'll probably move on to some war gyros and bombers. Those units will let me continue with the land fleet and add in another aspect of the game. My end goal is all of my Empire army painted so that I can showcase it for demos.

Demos? Yeah...demos. I've been thinking about what it would take for me to successfully enter the Vanguard program with Spartan. That is a quite a ways off, but gives me a solid direction to shoot for. For those not in the know, I'll need a second army. Well look what the mailman just dropped off...


I know, I know, Prussians? "But they are allies of the Empire!!" Gamers on a budget can't be choosy. The Mini War Gaming store was closing down and the bargains on these guys was too good to pass up. Also, I've always liked the Prussians...it just seemed that everyone else around me did too. And we all know that their air carrier is one of the most awesome models ever. Plus, a guy I did a warhammer trade with recently threw in a metzer robot. What good is a robot without an army behind it?

But never fear, that sale also nabbed me two FSA land starter sets, they just haven't arrived yet. And don't give me crap about how I thought they were ugly..I still do, but mini's on the cheap win out. Plus, it gives me a more legitimate enemy for my Empire and now Prussian armies. :)

So there you have it, my Dystopian future laid out: Learn rules, Play games, Paint armies, Become vanguard.

Now I will say that there was something else in that box along with my Prussian starters...it was a Prussian medic pack for Dystopian Legions! Yup, I've also got a Prussian Legions starter, some tankettes, and now medics. But those guys are on stand-by while I work on the DW stuff. But you never know..they just might pop up in this blog from time to time...you just can't trust those pesky Prussians.

No comments:

Post a Comment