Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 2 of League and spray primer

So today is the start of week 2 of the league. The points ramp up to 750 and this time no extra restrictions on your list. So, extra toys? Or just a small boost to what I brought last time? Part of me just wants to keep things simple and add another 100pts to my previous list. It seemed to do okay. This time around it will have five more fliers (since we forgot the free 10 and only brought 5).

So with that 100pts, I could simply add another cruiser, frigate, and corvette to the list. The small ships are easy to justify. The fourth cruiser though? Does that make that squad a bit unwieldy? Not sure. But thinking about that rocket spread sure has me smiling. We'll see how it goes. The other easy thing I could do is just bring an Ika. While that sounds tempting, not sure if I want to add such a change in dynamics to the list. Those beasts have a fairly single style of play and not sure if that will work for me.

Next up, painting. So no update on the Empire fleet. However, I did bust out the primer on the Prussian land starter:


I used AP's desert yellow and I really like the way it looks. I added the blimp there to show the color matching to the normal paint. You can see it better here:


I am really tempted just to prime that blimp with the spray primer. Seems a bit silly to do so much brush work. The second blimp I have will definitely get primed over.

So that is it for this week so far. Busy week ahead, so not sure what other progress I'll get in. Any painting done will be on the EotBS though. I'm done with the PE until the land starter for the Empire is finished. Vanguard here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment