Thursday, June 13, 2013

Brits are catching up

So apparently Robert has been on a tear lately. He's throwing paint around like crazy...some of it is even landing on his models [rimshot]. So today's picture update is more of his models. By the way, he is openly asking for some advice on them. So feel free to throw down some comments for him.

 
Also, looks like one of our local players is thinking about getting a league going. I love leagues. Great way to get excited about an army. Most allow you to start small too and give you a chance to slowly build up your force. Unfortunately for me, the league will probably be a naval league. Which means all the work I'm doing on my land forces won't mean a thing. But that's okay. Just means I'll need to get going on the ships.

Also, I'm hoping to have an update from another local guy, code name Sammy. He's a big pusher for DW around here and we are going to get together soon so I can snap some pics of his army(ies). Maybe even get some words of wisdom from him about the game.

I'm slowly saving up for the Italian fleet. Apparently my LGS already sold out of their lot. I never even got to see them come in. Booooo! But I did get a chance to see the new Chinese fleet and Australians. Wow! The Chinese have got to be one of the best looking fleets ever. Not sure how they play, but so tempted to get them. I know Robert has been drooling over them too. Could there be a race to see who buys them first?? Hmmmmmm

Paint schedule. Yeah..I really need to get back to that. I apparently need a Sturginium time freezing device so that I can squeeze in some painting between breaths or something along those lines. I will say, I've been a bit disappointed with the Army Painter line so far. Quite a few of their paints are needing multiple coats to cover properly. For a product that is supposed to speed up painting...this does not bode well. Many of their paints are coming off thin. I've even gone to storing them upside down as suggested and I do shake well. So not sure if I got a bad batch or if something else is going on. I will say that GW's old base coat line (Foundation) did a fantastic job of base coating. My problem with GW stuff is that they dry out!! I mean most of my foundation set was never even used and most of them are bone dry now. That really pisses me off. GW's bottles suck ass. I have Poly S paints that are 20 years old and still good. I think I may have bitched about this before...but it really bothers me. Ah well, I could rant on for a while. Oh yeah..paint schedule. So the plan is to finish up the medium tanks and bombards. Then tackle the tiny tanks, and then do the big walker. ETA? NFC. (no f*cking clue) Maybe I'll score some Father's Day time.

p.s. my daughter turns 10 today! Woot! Quite the milestone all things considered. But also bittersweet in a way. She has Rett Syndrome (bust out the tissues if you look this up). I had always hoped that a cure or a major breakthru would have happened when she reached 10. No such luck unfortunately. But she is with us, she is happy, and I can't really ask for more than that. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment