Monday, June 17, 2013

No pics Monday :(

Wow, what a weekend. First off, a belated Happy Father's Day to all that qualify. My weekend was filled to the brim with goodness, just not much of the painting kind. My lovely wife gifted me the day of Saturday to do whatever I wanted. So after shuttling my daughter to and fro soccer in the morning, I then spent the rest of the day playing D&D with my friends. It is my favorite pastime (yes, even more than DW) and it was fantastic. If somehow you have never experienced the joy of RPGs, I highly recommend it. I have been doing it since I was 6 and I love it now as much as I ever did.

Sunday then was mostly a day of work. We were dedicating new adaptive swings at our local park and also celebrating my other daughter's birthday. Lots of work with setup and take down, but well worth it. However, I did get a small bit of painting done...just not on my EotBS. Actually, I just got my hands on a couple of PE blimps and a dread. I love WWII Afrika stuff. My favorite setting for Flames of War. I own several armies for that period (Italian, German and Brits). I just love the desert color scheme.

So anyways, I just recently got Prussian starts for land and sea and then in a trade got a hold of two carrier blimps and the dread. So how to paint them? Well in DAK colors of course! Okay..the land starter will get DAK, doesn't make too much sense to do the boats in DAK...but who knows. (by the way, DAK is Deutsches Afrika Corp)

  

Just to give you an idea of how it looks.

Anyways, I love the color scheme. Also, I saw that Army Painter had a desert yellow color. So I went out and bought a bottle to give it a go. I figured the blimps would look really good using those colors so started out to lay down some paint on one of them. Now as it was already primered, I did not use the AP color primer, but just painted over the existing grey.

Now here I'm going to rant a bit about AP paint again. It was thin! When I get home I'm taking a picture of it so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm going to have to put two coats on this model at least...most likely a third to clean things up. Army Painter dudes...I can not be putting three coats on a model to get the coverage I need with your stuff. That is not speed painting. Argh!

So I did get some paint on...(oh, I also tried out the paint on a TT..still took two coats as well) just not work towards my Empire.

Ooooooo and in other news, locally we are having an escalation league! It will cover the next six weeks. It is a naval league, so doesn't help my land guys out at all, but it will get me playing the game and tossing paint on my Empire fleet as well. It starts tonight. I just gotta figure out how to go. I've got to fix dinner, take my daughter to soccer, and then play indoor later that evening. I'll find a way though...I will!


No comments:

Post a Comment