Thursday, August 1, 2013

A little help from my friends

So today's update come from Shmitty, a fellow Dystopian Wars player in my area. He's been working on his Prussian Armored Clash forces and put up some beautiful pics of his stuff on our local forums. So being the lazy git that I am, I convinced him to let me repost the pictures here.


He has gone with a base grey color scheme with brass and red trim work. The flash makes it seem a bit bluish, but some of the closeups show their true color.


If I had to guess, I would say he did a soot effect on the barrels, probably with a drybush. Then he inked the whole thing in nuln oil, or used tamiya glaze. This is why I like to use lighter colors when dealing with models on this scale. A good wash will really bring out the detail and make the model pop.


The only downside to this whole group is that it is basically what I was going to run!! I have a metzer already and the AC set for Prussians comes with another. He tossed in the air units as support. All in all a great looking army. The basing is simple and uniform across the units. At this scale though, "simple" I feel, works so much better.

I think perhaps this is where I'm getting hung up on my walker. I'm trying to pick out a lot of the detail with paint and maybe I should just let the wash do it. This has definitely given me a kick in the rump to wrap up my Blazing Sun and get to my own Prussians.


No comments:

Post a Comment