Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Paint on models! You saw it here first!

Okay, so it took me a little longer to get a post up than I had hoped, but you know what, its my blog, not yours...so there. :P

No, honestly, sorry about the lack of updates. Summer is being a pain with all the busy-ness and crazy stuff going on. But I got some time, and finished up my medium tanks for the Blazing Sun.


(note: pics came through at a smaller size than normal...my phone does that sometimes..sorry)

So I basically need to base them. But hold on a minute. Do I? I'm not so sure. So I blue-tac'd them to the base so that I could do a proper wash on them without getting it all over my fingers. When I did that, I realized what a benefit a clear base could be. Check this out:


The cool thing about the clear base is that whatever table you put the model on, you won't have a contrasting base. The actual based model will always be stuck on a green field with boulders around it. The other tank just blends in with whatever surface he is playing on.

Granted, I think the based model actually does look better overall. But it was an interesting idea to just leave the clear bases. You don't need to glue the models on the bases for them to work. Which makes storage a bit easier. And on an actual game table, it is kind of cool to have them fit right in. Not sure what I'm going to to just yet. As to the model on the right, I will probably strip his base just because I don't think it came out good enough. I need to try something else for this scale.

Now I wasn't the only one who finished up a few toys recently. My friend Robert put on the finishing touches to his KoB tanks. They come of a bit dirty, but I think he could probably fix that with either a little light drybrushing to make the edges pop, or the mat spray coat typically does a small highlight as well.


A little dark, but I think that is mostly due to my suck-tastic camera skills. These tanks get down and dirty. I personally prefer a more realistic approach to painting instead of the pristine "just off the line" look a lot of painters go for.

One last picture to wrap this up. I flocked one of my tiny tank tokens. Not sure if I'm crazy about it just yet, but I don't think it looks bad.


(Gah! see? now this image came across at full size. Stupid interwebz.)

Not sure if I want to keep the red trim or not. Might go with a bolt gun metal. We'll see how the whole set turns out once I'm finished.

Oh, and I lied. I have one last picture to show. My Prussian land force getting ready for the paint line:


This time I went with desert yellow and I am really digging it. Can't wait to see these guys finished. I intend to go with a light grey tread color, silver guns, bronze stacks, maybe a gun metal for the steel decking? Tesla weapons will get drybrushed with white, and then hit with a blue ink to hopefully give them a "charged" look.

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Um, that turned out oddly. Really like the Ho-Chis. They turned out great.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. imo
    imo downloading
    imo download
    imo app
    imo apk
    I intend to go with a light grey tread color, silver guns, bronze stacks, maybe a gun metal for the steel.

    ReplyDelete