Monday, October 14, 2013

Playing Games

So a few months ago, I started this blog because I wanted to get back to playing games again. I've been doing hobby stuff like this for my whole life and have gone through several different phases. Right now, I'm in the "I want to play, but play what I want" phase, which isn't a bad place to be. And when I started this, my game of choice was Dystopian Wars. That is what I wanted to play.

So the hope there was to try to kickstart the DW community in my area and get some games on the tables. Well to be blunt, it didn't quite work out. And it really is my fault. You see I let myself get sucked into other games again. Games which had momentum and people playing them. Or, it was a great game that I also wanted to see get some support. These things are never really as simple as they should be.

On the one hand, DW has a few issues with it, the largest being time required to play. A good sized game can take a long long time to finish. Even just a battle box game takes a good bit. So a good part of me is really hoping that V2.0 streamlines the play so that it goes faster. When you have this big flaw in a game that you perceive, it is pretty hard to get motivated to play it....it comes off as "its a great game, but..."

On the other hand, I have two games that are pulling me away from my DW time. Warmachine has appealed to me for a long time, but I never liked the rules. Well the rules are much better now and there is a strong community here. Bolt Action! is a fantastic game, and I have a friend who is spearheading its introduction here locally. I have to support him because I'm the one who got him into the game. And it really is an incredible game.

So yesterday I packed up my Dystopian Wars forces and put them away. I hope to get back to them soon (ie early next year) because it too is a good game. And it is a game I want to play, and a company I want to support. So thank you to all my readers. I hope you enjoyed this blog. It will be going on hiatus until further notice.

Brother G.

p.s. after packing up all my stuff, I found four trays of stuff that I had missed. :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tutuapp apk
    tutu app apk
    tutuapp apk download
    tutuapp apk
    I have two games that are pulling me away from my DW time. Warmachine has appealed to me for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shareit install
    shareit apk download
    shareit downloading
    Do you have trouble sharing large or important files? If that is the case, then SHAREit is the perfect app for you.

    ReplyDelete